Sunday, January 21, 2007

"Yield" signs optional in Missouri....like education


People in Missouri don't seem to grasp the concept of what yielding truly means. If we are in separate lanes and we are merging at the same time and your lane happens to have a yield sign (here is a visual aid to help if you happen to encounter one on the road) then you should consider giving me the right of way, never mind that you can't really "give" something you don't have, but yeah....at least consider it. I think they should put exclamation points on yield signs so people take them seriously.

The yield sign is the high school dropout (or community college graduate) of the road sign family.

"What's that yield sign? You have an opinion about politics? That's adorable! I mean, your opinions really shouldn't be taken seriously because you're a moron who evidently couldn't figure out the intellectual complexities of high school work.....but I'll listen anyways, its just too cute!"

I heard that the fear of cancer in cell phones is making a comeback. I thought they cleared cell phones from the cause (or maybe it was $upre$$ed) but it seems to be making the minor headlines.

I have a problem with this. Mainly because they are saying cell phones cause head cancer, because of the proximity of your head and the cell phone. I don't spend too much time on the phone, so my cell phone spends the majority of its time in my pocket.....my FRONT pocket. This seems to be more scary to me. So here's what I did. I got myself some fishing line. I tied one end to the line to the phone and I tied the other end around my waist. Now, when I'm not using my phone, I just throw it behind me and it follows me around. Everywhere I go, I'm being followed by a cancer causing killing machine, but I feel safe because its closer to everyone else. Remember, things aren't more correct just because you can say them louder.

No comments: